Stars Room (3’s) -Learning
- Potty-trained to four years old
- This room introduces more pre-school type skills including basic writing skills, identification of the child’s own name, identification of shapes, colors, letters and number in addition to just singing ABC’s or counting to 10, basic Spanish, table manners, etc.
- Center-based play is practiced in this room. Children remain in one center to play for 5 to 10 minutes at a time and must clean up their area before transitioning to another center to play
- Children transition to the four year old room when they are two years away from kindergarten and when an opening is available
- Social-Emotional skills are emphasized through our use of the Second Step Curriculum. This includes identification of emotions, making and keeping friends, and practicing calming strategies at time when children are already calm so that they can use them when they do become upset.